The New York Baby Show is the largest show in the country full of not only great brands but also of educational seminars for new and expectant parents. NYC Dads Group had a great Dad's lounge and daddy boot camp with advice to new Dads (and Moms). Canon, the show's sponsor, shared great tips and tricks on how to capture a baby's magic moments. Many other seminars from greening your baby's nursery and breastfeeding tips to what you really need to know about shopping for baby!
My (not exactly) babies posing at the Momtrends Lounge
Sarah getting a little lipgloss action by GLAMSQUAD
I found so many products that I thought were amazing and must-haves. It was hard trying to narrow it down. I picked out some of my faves and ones that stood out to me. I picked ones that I thought were essential to a new parent but also great for families with kids at any age!
1. SHOOSHA (TRULY ORGANIC) - my kids have had very sensitive skin since they were babies. I'm always on the lookout for natural, safe and organic products. Patricia Di Gasbarro is the creator of Shoosha. She believes in living a clean and simple life and that always includes what we put in and on our bodies. I love how every ingredient is listed and are USDA Certified with the highest organic food grade standard in North America. If you can't pronounce most of the listed ingredients then it probably won't be good for you! Shoosha uses only pure, organic, beautiful ingredients that will nurture your delicate babies – and pamper you too. A bonus...they smell aaaamazing!
NoMoNauseaBand is a patent pending combination medical device. Peppermint is an FDA approved aromatherapy scent that is mixed with latex free elastic band. The goal of any anti-nausea band is to wear it before the nausea starts, and since the No Mo Nausea Band is drug-free it can be safely worn on both wrists for as long as you'd like! When you’re done with the band just throw it away, but make sure you have a few more for another nauseous day. The anti-nausea effect lasts 12-24 hours after the band has been removed. The band's peppermint scent will last up to two weeks once opened and up to two years within the packaging. This product also works on, headaches, migraines, vertigo and many more conditions. The bands come in adult and kid sizes and in a variety of colors! We purchased our own bands there an I can't wait to let you know how they worked for us!
3. I fell in love...yes IN LOVE ...with a stroller. The GB Qbit stroller retails (pre-order now) at $179.99. I love a good bargain because not everyone can purchase a stroller or travel system, even though we might like to,that is $800. This stroller is lightweight, durable, and great for travel. Some of my fave features are the expandable canopy, the comforable reclining seat and the spacious basket.
I'd invest in any of the travel systems offered by GB because it pays for itself. They are light weight and you don't feel like you're lugging around a small spaceship everywhere you go. I hated big bulky strollers (still do) but I also never felt like small, cheap umbrella stroller were good. These strollers are convenient but don't skimp on space and comfort!
4. PRIMARY is a children's clothing brand for babies and kids up to size 10. Kids basics with style, bright colors and comfort. Everything is priced from $25 and under!! Winning all around!!
5. I must've been living under a rock or something because I never knew about Mabel's Labels! A great way to give your everyday things a touch of personalization. They have everything- clothing labels, safety products, bag tags, and household labels. Products that are great for everyone in the family!
6. SureShop by HatchThings -where was this bag for me when my kiddos were little! Even now with babysitting I was so happy to find the SureShop. I don't have to be worrying about my strollers tipping over and ruining my groceries. You don't have to worry about dragging your things or kicking them with your feet as you move around. You can use it on the stroller, walkers, shopping carts and bike handles!
I look forward to the opportunity to attend next year. I know what it's like to be pregnant and be a new parent and have no clue of what to do or where to start. Not everyone can say they have a full support system and it can be scary. I loved this show because you can walk in and have people gladly answer any questions you might have and you can learn and determine what products best work for you and your budget. Parenthood is not easy but it can be made just a bit more simple!
Do you have any advice or tips for a first time parent??